The Ultimate Guide to Using Chebe Powder for Healthy Hair Growth
What is Chebe Powder?
Chebe Powder is an ancient hair care remedy that possesses remarkable healing properties and has been the secret to Chadian women having long, lustrous hair for multiple generations. Below, we will provide you with instructions on how to use Chebeauty’s Chebe Powder to make the best of Chebe’s natural properties.
Step-by-Step Process for Applying Chebe Powder
- Step 1: Mix 4 tablespoons of powder with 2 tablespoons of oil or butter of your choice until a thick paste is formed.
- Step 2: Divide your hair into sections and apply the mixture to clean, damp hair avoiding the scalp. Make sure to distribute evenly.
- Step 3: Once your hair is fully coated, wrap it with a plastic cap to facilitate the absorption of the mixture into the hair shaft.
- Step 4: Allow the Chebe Powder treatment to sit on your hair for a minimum of two hours, or for enhanced results, leave it in overnight.
- Step 5: Thoroughly rinse your hair, making sure you got rid of all the residue.
- Step 6: Follow up with Chebe Deep Conditioner to reintroduce moisture to your hair. We recommend repeating each step after 5-7 days.
What are the kinds of Chebe Powder available on the market?
There are two kinds of Chebe Powder available on the market at the moment - the modified version and the traditional one. The modified version takes some of the key ingredients of the traditional product but adds synthetic ingredients and preservatives which may be more harmful to your hair health in the long run.
The traditional formula that Chadian women use has Chebe Powder mixed into a paste using oil and tallow and is completely natural, with no harmful side effects. Once the mixture is ready, it is applied on the already clean, damp hair, then left in for several days. Here at Chebeauty, we believe that it is important to not only honor the Chadian traditions we draw inspiration from but also provide customers with the best quality products, which is why we produce the traditional version of the product. Read our article about the usage of chebe powder for hair growth and learn more about it.
Suggested combinations for more effective use
As briefly mentioned before, Chebe Powder is especially effective when combined with other Chebe products, since they fortify the beneficial qualities of the ingredients contained in each product. Here are the effects you can achieve with each combination.
- Chebe Powder + Chebe Butter for more hydration.
- Chebe Powder + Chebe Paste for texture improvement.
- Chebe Powder + Chebe Hair Oil for silkier hair glow.
- Chebe Powder + Chebe Shampoo for balancing the buildup from the powder.
- Chebe Powder + Chebe Deep Conditioner for any general debris that collects over time.
Do's and Don’ts
- Make sure your hair is always clean before applying.
- Use protective hairstyles after applying to kinky hair.
- Apply consistently for best long-term results.
- Apply to your scalp.
- Use too often to avoid losing effectiveness.
How often should I use Chebe Powder?
Frequency: Use once a week on clean hair.
Recommended dosage: 2-4 tablespoons.
It is recommended to apply a quarter-sized amount on a small section of your hair of the made mixture. The amount needed for full application will depend on the length and thickness of your hair. Apply more if you have thicker hair.
Durability: 1 month (4oz), 2 months (80z).
Is it safe to use on dyed hair?
Yes, all Chebe products are completely safe to use on dyed hair and can even boost its health and resilience towards more chemical products.
Can Chebe Powder be used on short hair?
Though it is not recommended to apply Chebe Powder on the scalp, if your hair length permits you, it’s still possible to distribute the product so it is only applied on the shaft. If anything, we recommend using it on short hair as it stimulates healthy hair growth.
Chebe Powder is an undeniably great product to diversify your hair routine and boost your hair health. This is especially true if you are concerned with hair growth and length retention - thousands of five-star reviews from our customers are a testament to that! If you want to see the effects of Chebe for yourself, we encourage you to try it out for yourself and share your results on social media!
Kayla Michaels is a beauty expert journalist who is known for her knowledge and expertise on the latest beauty trends and products, particularly those related to black hair care.
Shop the article