How Long Does it Take for Rice Water to Grow Your Hair?
Have you always dreamt of growing long hair? Maybe you’ve even heard about the incredible benefits of rice water for hair growth? From increasing the length and volume of your hair to strengthening and nourishing it, rice water has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for hair growth.
But how long does it take for rice water to grow your hair? In this blog, we’ll look at everything from what rice water is to tips for healthy hair growth so you can get the most out of your rice water treatment.
What is Rice Water?
Simply put, rice water is the liquid left behind after washing or cooking rice. It contains vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients for healthy hair growth. To make it, simply soak 1/2 cup of uncooked white or brown rice in a water bowl for 20-30 minutes. Once the water turns cloudy, strain out the rice. Let the liquid cool down before using it.
What makes rice water so special is that it’s packed with benefits for healthy hair growth. It’s high in carbohydrates, which helps to strengthen and nourish the hair follicles. The best thing is that it is all-natural, so there is no need to fear chemicals and their harmful side effects. However, despite the overall positive impact, rice water is something that can be improved on to achieve faster and more effective hair growth.
What is Fermented Rice Water?
While some people use the words rice water and fermented rice water interchangeably, the two are actually quite different. Rice water is a far more beneficial product, filled with not only the nutrients contained in regular rice water but also other elements that emerge as a result of fermentation, e.g. protein.
In fact, fermented rice water can be used specifically as a protein treatment. It helps build up the keratin in the hair shafts and makes strands stronger and less prone to breakage. It can also be used as a substitute for the more chemical hair conditioners since it helps detangle your hair and improve its texture. Additionally, it contains vitamins B, C, and E, which helps repair damage and boost scalp health.
However, the difference between rice water and fermented rice water doesn’t just lie in their benefits. While rice water is a very simple remedy to make at home, fermented rice water might be a little more complicated to master. Not only that, but in order to enjoy all of the benefits fermented rice water has to offer, it is always best to rely on professional hair care.
While you can try to do it at home yourself, professional hair products will always have a better concentration of all the necessary nutrients that can boost your hair length in the quickest way possible.
How Long Does it Take for Rice Water to Grow Your Hair?
While there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, on average, you can see progress within the first month of use - though it is recommended to wait for 90 days before drawing a conclusion. This is because growing your hair depends on several factors, including diet, lifestyle, genetics, and stress levels.
Nevertheless, rice water for hair growth has been shown to contain twice as many proteins and amino acids as regular rice water, which can help speed up the growth process and get the results you want faster. To enable this process, however, we would like to offer some tips on how to make this process more effective. Also we suggest reading our article about using rice water for low porosity hair.
Tips for Healthy Hair Growth
In addition to using fermented rice water to help promote healthy hair growth, there are a few other tips you can follow:
- Proper Hydration & Balanced Diet: Drinking plenty of water daily helps keep your scalp and hair hydrated, promoting healthy growth. At the same time, a balanced diet full of fruits and vegetables ensures that your body gets all the nutrients needed to grow strong and healthy hair.
- Regular Trims: It may seem counterintuitive, but regular trims are among the best ways to encourage healthy hair growth. Trimming away split ends will help keep your hair looking healthy and prevent further damage from occurring.
- Using Other Natural Treatments: There are other natural products that might aid the growth process for your locks. Chebe hair products, for instance, are an excellent option for helping with consistent and healthy hair growth by helping moisturize hair.
- Reducing Stress Levels: Stress can have a negative effect on both physical and mental health. Reducing stress levels by engaging in relaxation activities such as yoga or meditation can help promote healthy hair growth.
- Limiting Heat Styling & Harsh Chemicals: Try limiting the use of curling wands, flat irons, and blow dryers to once or twice a week and be careful about using shampoos that are free from sulfates and parabens.
Rice water has been used for centuries as an effective natural remedy for healthy hair growth. It’s packed with vitamins and minerals that help strengthen and nourish the hair follicles. How long it takes for rice water to grow your hair depends on several factors, including diet, lifestyle, genetics, and stress levels though on average, it might take up to three months to see some impressive improvement.
Additionally, some people find that using fermented rice water works better than regular rice water when it comes to encouraging hair growth. That is why it is better to stick to professional haircare that offers fermented rice water with the maximum amount of nutrients.
Best Chebe products you can try right now
Kayla Michaels is a beauty expert journalist who is known for her knowledge and expertise on the latest beauty trends and products, particularly those related to black hair care.
Shop the article
Fermented Rice Water
Chebe Hair Oil